Re: [VHFcontesting] Tech Help needed

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Tech Help needed
From: <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 20:46:09 -0500
This brings up again the age old question: do I want to DX or contest?

A high gain, narrow band antenna does not send a CQ in a wide azimuth. But
today's rules allow you to call someone on your cellphone and ask them to get
on and give you their grid while you beam there way.

Vs.

Less elements on the yagi (but you can stack them  for more gain or have
multiple yagis) and call CQs that may be heard over a wider coverage azimuth.

Kind of like fishing- try by yourself to read the areas to fish vs. other boats
telling you where to go. Either way you will catch fish and have fun.

Your station, your choice!

Hoping to catch many fish this January.

73,
Chet, N8RA