Re: [VHFcontesting] WSJT-x version 2.2.1

To: Scott Armstrong <aa5am@vntx.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WSJT-x version 2.2.1
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 10:41:17 -0800
Thanks All for the on and off list advice.

At this point I believe I will load the latest software version onto a spare
laptop as a plan B and will likely continue to mostly run 2.2.1 on my primary
laptop for any MSK144 or FT8 activity that occurs.  It has been pointed out to
me if want to run FT4 I would benefit from using a later version.  I don't
expect to run FT4 but will use a later software version if needed.

The Information Technology person in me likes to go into the field with a well
proven set of gear that I am accustomed to using and does not like making last
minute changes but I realize that some times change is needed.

I tend to do most of my WSJT-x operating during the contests and I appreciate
the advice from those who use the software more frequently.  I hope we get a
nice 6M opening and I can work many of you.  I am still pondering my route and
schedule.  It has occurred to me that FT8 may help make contacts from lower
altitude sites in some of the more distant grids.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

Mark Spencer