Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone? version 4

To: VHF Contesters <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone? version 4
From: Scott Armstrong <aa5am@vntx.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 12:13:20 -0600
I did a look at contest participation about a 1.5 years ago. Unfortunately
I  don't have the data any longer.
Didn't look at scores because there are too many external factors that
affect it such as propagation or lack of, participation, weather, etc.  and
no way to normalize the results.

 I took a look at all three ARRL contests and the CQWW with what I could
find on the web. Wouldn't call it accurate by any means.  What I recall is
that the September contest was a bit of an anomaly. Participation based on
the number of logs received has been increasing YoY for the past few years
with the exception of the Sept contest which was basically flat or slight
decrease.  A better way to look at it would have been to look at the number
of unique calls found in all the logs combined for overall activity levels
but that information is not available without the raw data.

-Scott AA5AM