Re: [VHFcontesting] Conditions and the digital modes

To: Jay RM <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Conditions and the digital modes
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 13:34:43 -0700
Reflecting on this a bit more if I suppose if I was truly serious about
contesting and wanted the highest possible score for myself  I probably
wouldn't visit remote areas during contests.   I suppose from that perspective
I am not a serious contester but I still have fun and I enjoy this part of the
hobby and which at this point in time is my main goal.

I do find this type of dialogue useful and will keep these points in mind if I
ever decide to mount a serious contesting effort.

All that being said I do believe digital modes have made visiting remote areas
much more viable and enjoyable for me during VHF and up contests but I agree
Analog has its place as well and I will continue to run both Analog and Digital
to varying degrees.

At this point in time I am fairly comfortable saying that some of the  WSJT-x
modes have caused me to chose to put more effort into remote grid activations
during contests and to put less effort into other contesting activities.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com