Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity night. The FIRST ONE FOR 2021!

To: ww1z_1@juno.com, newsvhf@mailman.qth.net, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, 222Activity@groups.io
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity night. The FIRST ONE FOR 2021!
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 15:32:19 -0400
OK

This coming Tuesday 20April, will be 222 MHz Activity night for Dave K1WHS.  I am located in FN43mj (mumbo Jumbo)  I will be on 222 starting about 7:30 PM looking for contacts.  I will also monitor ON4KST Chat. Now that I have two decent laptops that I can drag up to the shack, I can keep one of them on the chat page(s). My cell phone for the hill QTH is 207 608 5317.

Rig is 1500 watts RF out with 4 X 22 Element long yagis at 100 ft,  8 X 5 Element LVA fixed SW towards New York City,  and 2 X 8 Element yagis rotatable to the north and NE.

This is the evening before the 432 Sprint, so you can test out 432 and then come on down to 222.100 and look for QSOs.  I am 545 miles from K8ZR in Ohio, and figure that we might have a possible path if we are both lined up. KO4YC is in the 550 mile range as well, and that would be a fantastic shot as well.  We have all night! All the bars are closed, so you have no excuse but to get on 222 MHz on Tuesday! Who knows? You may make a contact. Just because you are too far away from me does not mean all is lost. All are invited to make Tuesday the 222 Night nationwide.

I will have my receiver overload problem repaired by then. I will start off near 222.100 and call CQ. I hope to work a few stations. I plan to be there until at least 10:30 PM.  In UTC time, that is April 20 at 23:30 up to April 21 at 02:30 UT.

I hope to hear you on 222!  Spread the word!

Dave K1WHS