[VHFcontesting] 432 No Joy

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 No Joy
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:51:23 +0000 (UTC)
After working a good part of weekend to get everything dialed in, especially
WSJTX working through N1MM I got my second vaccine shot Tuesday afternoon.
That night I went out to the Jeep to do some final testing only to find that my
50A Astron got smoking hot shortly after turning it on.  Unfortunate but not a
show stopper.

Flipped the big selector switch and went to the deep cycle backup batteries for
power, recharge of the Jeep motor.  All is good. Next morning....well I tried
to go to work but that didn't work our so well.  Needless to say I never got on
the air.  After about 12hrs of sucks to be me and another 12 of sleep life is
good again, really good.

Other than a blown battery cell in 2016 (smelled like black bear at first but
eventually got a lot worse) this is the first time my system has let  me down.
Now its time to figure out exactly what went wrong with the rig (Jeep).  At
least I have weekend plans now.
Hope you had more fun than I did on Wednesday and made many contacts.
73JohnKM4KMU