[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Tuesday Night Activity period

To: "newsVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Tuesday Night Activity period
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 19:10:00 -0400

Hi VHFers,

leave some time for Tuesday evening for the 222 MHz activity period. The first one last week was rather nice in that there was activity all over the place. One nice feature of the activity night in2021 is that we have internet chat pages available to set up almost impossible contacts. If you do not have much of any local activity, you can probably scare up a sked on a chat page and try something a bit out of your comfort zone. Meteors are not that great yet, but the moonbounce path is always open when the moon is visible. Lats week a few of us tried some meteor scatter and a few pings were heard. The meteors start to build up as summer approaches. I would love to try something on Tuesday. As I always like to say, "What is the worst that can happen?"

I will be QRV starting at about 23:30UT on Tuesday and plan to make noise up until after 10 PM.  I do not forsee any great conditions in the northeast, but having a number of signals on the band is great for evaluating antennas or new preamps etc. It is also a way to see just how well your system is working.  Pick a station just beyond your normal DX range and see what happens.

The other big plus is that you can talk to many old time friends and have plenty of fun in the process.

CU on 222 MHz.

Dave K1WHS

Lebanon, ME. FN43mj
222 MHz 1500 watts 4 X 22 El yagi array, 8 X 5 EL LVA aimed SW.  2 X 8 EL partially rotatable from nw thru north and northeast.
Shack cell # 207 608 5317

Chat pages:  ON4KST, HB9QQ,  W4DEX, N0UK Ping Jockey Central