[VHFcontesting] It's 222 Activity time.

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] It's 222 Activity time.
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:19:08 -0400
I will be on 222.100 or so this evening again looking for contacts on the Tuesday Night 222 Activity Night.

For the occasion, I am running a new HV supply on my amplifier. I did not gain much over the old one. I have a huge bank of electrolytic caps for HV ripple reduction, and the high current on charging peaks seems to make the regulation not so hot. It works tho' so I will be in there making noise.  The temps are warm and it should be a great night to spend on the hill. To celebrate, I may even have a few bottles of birch beer to savor in between contacts.  I hope to see you all there!

73

Dave K1WHS