[VHFcontesting] It's 222 Night again.

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] It's 222 Night again.
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:13:57 -0400
Hi VHF hams

This is a reminder that it is Tuesday and a good evening to dust off your 222 MHz gear and try it out.  You can check out that new preamp that you just installed.  If you have an old Heath 222er that you just restored, tonight might be the night when you will hear someone with it!!!   There will be stations on the band to give you a report!  Being in the Northeast USA, there is more activity than in some other areas, but that is no reason to not get on and make noise if you live somewhere else. I know that there is activity in the Southeast, and a bit in the midwest.  My goal is to get the whole country participating. I cannot do it on my own, so fire up those 222 rigs no matter where you live and tell your 222 friends that Tuesday is 222 Activity night.

I hope to be QRV stating at about 2300 UT or 7 PM.  I have to do a little tower work beforehand as my 222 yagis got twisted off alignment by about 70-90 degrees in the same microburst that took down my 144 MHz 130 ft Rohn 45 tower.  I think I need some bigger hardware! I spent yesterday dropping large trees all near the 222 tower. I do not want to lose another tower in the same way.

I hope you can make it

Dave K1WHS