[VHFcontesting] 222 and up contest

To: "<WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io>" <WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 and up contest
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2021 11:07:37 -0700
Made Five QSO's.  From my perspective there seemed to be less local / regional
activity this year than last year.

Worked CN86, CN87, CN88 and CN89 on 222.

Worked CN88 on 432.

Heard several other stations on 222 and 432.

Used the LPDA from my balcony for the entire contest.   It worked a bit better
on 222 than I expected.  I wasn't surprised about not making any Q's on 1296
with that antenna.  I did manage to detect what I believe are a few more
signals from the primary users of the 23 cm band (most likely due to the larger
frequency range and broader beam width of the LPDA vs the loop yagis I usually
use on that band.)

FT8 and EU contest mode enabled 6 character grid exchanges.

Tried out some new gear and became re acquainted with some other gear I haven't
used in a while.  Thanks to the contest organizers and all who participated
especially Chuck VA7UL.

All in all a good contest for me despite the low QSO count.

Will hopefully make a better effort next year.   (Hopefully will Rove to a
decent location or will at least be able to setup multiple yagis on the balcony
at home vs having to use the LPDA for multi band coverage for 222 and up.)

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com