Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm rx problems

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm rx problems
From: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 13:14:48 -0400
I looked back through my log.  While I didn't write down the 432
contacts I failed to make, I think I can estimate based on where I had
to rely on CW to get the job done.  The sites with all the 432 CW
contacts were:

* Hogback Mountain VT - At least one nearby tower, tons of businesses
  and stuff around too.

* Mohawk Mountain CT - I was set up directly beside a large tower with
  cell and public safety stuff on it, and near another one.

* Jerimoth Hill RI - Another nearby tower with who knows what on it and
  right beside some power lines.

The only other 432 CW contact I made was a pretty long shot through
trees and around a building.  So, perhaps the answer here is just to add
filtering.

Incidentally, I made 22 CW contacts throughout the contest which is
nearly 10% of all contacts.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell