Re: [VHFcontesting] KLM 432 Antenna Details wanted

To: "Roger(WA1NVC) Coulson" <wa1nvc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KLM 432 Antenna Details wanted
From: MERLE COX <w7yoz@centurylink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:44:59 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Roger,

Hi Roger I bought one of the first 432-16LBX from Mike Stahl in about 1975 when
living in the SF Bay Area and operating as W6BXO.  It was one of the first
commercial yagis for 432 with measurable high gain before the later NBS, K1FO
etc. computer designed configurations.  I was very pleased with based on its
rugged large diameter elements and good match based on the  Oliver Swan 3
driven element design. It performed well for me through 1991 when replaced with
a CC Boomer fo that band. I have the original assembly instructions but they do
not give any performance specs that you wanted.  It is as you noted 16 elements
on a 12' boom.

I am currently using the Directive Systems DSE FO 432-15RS which is performing
very well and based on its proven design likely has some more gain that the
432-16BLX  Whether enough more to really notice is always the difficult
question to answer.

I am also using a Antennas-Amplifiers 1,296 MHz 4' boom yagi which is
performing better that a previous loop yage.  The design and craftsmanship is
impressive. believe both this and the Directive System antennas are more for
your money than the current M2 antennas which have become quite pricey.

Hope this helps,

Merle W7YOZ