[VHFcontesting] MFJ-4119 Bias Tee

To: 222activity@groups.io, VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] MFJ-4119 Bias Tee
From: "Walter Miller, AJ6T" <aj6t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:17:17 -0500
I'm trying to make use of a MFJ-4119 bias tee that is specified to operate up to 70 cm.  Sweeping the unit with a good 50 Ohm load on the output shows a nice low SWR up to 70 MHz, but above that the SWR rises and is 2:1 at 222 MHz where I had hoped to use it. The device looks nice with N connectors and a DC on/off switch, but it's through performance is not acceptable.  Does anyone have experience with the MFJ-4119?  The MFJ manual does not have detailed specs or schematic.  I'm considering modifying it for VHF use only.  Any suggestions other than to relegate it to HF use only?  Any thoughts on how much RF power it could handle at 222 MHz?  Any suggestions on an alternative device?

73, Walt, AJ6T