[VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 16:15:43 +0000
Hi all, I had a fun time in the Sprint last night. Managed 17Q's in 13 grids in
3 hours of operating. Didn't work my own grid or anything north or east. Well I
did work Stu, VE2XX, in FN25 so that's a little North of me I guess.. Best DX
was Dave, K1RZ, in FM19 at 554 miles, right before I packed it in. That was on
CW with pretty darn good signals. VE3ZV in EN92 heard me on CW when I was
working W1GHZ but we never managed a QSO.. That path is a few miles longer than
K1RZ. Anyway, I made 10 QSO's on SSB, 7 on CW and ZERO on digital modes. I did
check FT-8 occasionally but didn't see anything I hadn't already worked.. There
was a LOT of QSB, but condx seemed to improve later in the evening..

anyway, 17 in 13 = 221 score woo hoo!

bill, K1DY in Maine