Re: [VHFcontesting] K5QE in the ARRL EME contest....

To: w4nf@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K5QE in the ARRL EME contest....
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 10:24:28 -0500

Hi Jack

 Thanks for the idea. I have a GPS time system, but it is in another building. I used to do that before I got a 5 GHz internet link to the hill. It is hard to run cables because drilling holes makes it possible for mice to get in and they shit and pee on everything. It took me a few years to figure out how to eliminate them from one of the buildings.  Maybe I can run a long CAT5 cable temporarily. I am not a computer guru, so such stuff is difficult for me to set up.

I think my 5 GHz link problem might be related to a Windows 10 update. It seems the IP address might have been corrupted or changed. I know just enough to not want to mess with things.  I am unsure of how to set sub net masks etc.  I need an expert.

Dave