Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] [NEWSVHF] 222 MHz Activity Night Wrapu

To: NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] [NEWSVHF] 222 MHz Activity Night Wrapup
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:22:33 -0500
Wow, K1WHS and others continue to rack up the QSOs! Even though I sadly have not been able to get on, I am grateful to Dave for breathing new life into my favorite VHF band!

I continue to have problems with evenings, but with the activity now starting at 6 pm I was able to listen briefly. I made no QSOs but did hear one station, one beacon, one power line, and one birdie! I keyed up and still had ~850W output so everything is still alive.

I would also like to express a word of sincere appreciation for KO1I beacon. From up here in the great frozen north, it's the only beacon I can hear all the time on any VHF or UHF band! I find it very helpful for quick system checks. I wish there was at least one beacon I could routinely hear on 144 and 432 but sadly there isn't.

73,
Paul, N1BUG
FN55mf