[VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 PTT Breakout Mod

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Icom IC-9700 PTT Breakout Mod
From: alex@kr1st.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 12:17:10 -0500
Hi there,

I posted this on the IC-9700 groups.io list yesterday but realized that some folks on this list may be interested in this as well.

I posted an article of a PTT breakout mod for the IC-9700 that I developed over a year ago but only just now got a chance to document it:

Icom IC-9700 PTT Breakout Mod (or, "the parts Icom forgot") - The Ham Lab [1]

This mod will create three separate PTT outputs, one per band, and is fully implemented in hardware (no CAT or software involved) with just few dollars worth of parts that you may already have in your junk box.

73,
--Alex KR1ST

Links:
------