Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and VHF contesting

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and VHF contesting
From: <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 19:24:36 -0500
Hi Folks

Here se suggestion I sent in the survey. FT8 is a fantastic new tool, you
can dig 20db below noise and requires a different skill set to run high
frequency bands. It is so fantastic a little pistol can work guys 600 miles
away, QSO's not possible on CW or SSB.

The Europeans already figure it out. They have a SSB/CW/MS contest and a
dedicated weekend contest just for FT8. I think we are penalizing the fT8
guys asking them to try hard or impossible QSO's.

Not recognizing that FT8 is a different kind of activity is the problem we
are facing.

Why not one weekend for traditional contest and a second weekend just for
FT8 !

I really believe that is the only way I will reach near 1000 QSO's on 6m and
over 100 on 2m again.

For tomorrow, I even don't care to turn the radio on 6m.

73's
JC
N4IS