[VHFcontesting] L-Com LMR-600 (CA-600)

To: "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] L-Com LMR-600 (CA-600)
From: "K8ZM" <k8zm@oh.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 12:10:51 -0500
Anybody have any experience with the LMR-600 take off from L-Com.  Their
CA-600 seems to have the same specs but I never have seen any history on
them or any comments on the cables performance or longevity.

Thanks for any info.

Trying to replace many HF/VHF cable runs on the tower (NOT rotor loops),
about 60 ft lengths each run.  I can get a decent price on CA-600 but don't
want to be penny wise and pound foolish.  Was thinking of using LMR-600
crimp style connectors as well, a first for me but figure it allows for
"maintenance" if needed down the road.  If there is a better coax solution
similar to LMR-600 (other than hardline) please chime in as well !!

73 de Brad, K8ZM (ex-N8GLS)

ARRL Life Member

Member: NODXA (Northern Ohio DX Association)

Member: LCARA (Lake County Amateur Radio Association)