[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 17:11:47 -0400
Tonight is Activity Night for 222 MHz. The fun starts after dinner. I don't know about you, and I do know that it is fashionable to eat late, but most of the 222 guys and gurls show up starting about 22-2300 UT and the activity continues here on the East Coast up past 0100 UT typically.   That being said, there is nothing to stop anyone from running a tricky MS sked later on. The point is to make noise on Tuesdays.

I was hoping to start moving gear up to my shack today, but other things got in the way. I had hoped to run 100 watts. As it looks now, I will probably be up and running by next Tuesday. I have not seen the antennas yet, so I have no idea if they survived the winter so far. We had about three pretty bad wind events. On was of the house shaking variety. Those storms always scare me.

I keep getting word on activity from out West and it is always exciting to see activity growing there.  As the weather warms up, we all start thinking of antenna projects and new gear that might get installed.  I am looking for a spot for a pair of 16 element yagis on 222. They will be stacked one above the other as a neat MS array with a much broader lobe than what I have now.

So don't forget to get on, and let us all know how you did.  I am sure K1PXE is trying to improve on his last weeks effort. Get on and help him achieve his goalQ!

73

Dave K1WHS

(Who is still working on his Larcan amp!)