[VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K1DY 432 Sprint
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:26:20 +0000
Call: K1DY
Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN54JQ
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Well, Wet, rainy and windy last night and conditions were pretty bad. I think
they got worse as the sprint went on. I managed 8 Q's in 7 grids. Best DX was a
"tie" between Jay, NY2NY, at 306 miles and Jeff, K1TEO, at 308 miles
both with good signals in the first hour of the contest. Most difficult contact
was actually with a contiguous grid, FN44, with N1JEZ. Mike is due west of me
but there are mountains in the way and we have learned to point at Burke
Mountain which is SOUTH of Mike in order to work. Conspicuously absent in my log
are FN43 and FN42! Nice to work Stu in FN25 S5 on CW for a little
"international flavor". Final QSO and "new grid" was Chip,
W1AIM, who was S9 on SSB after he got his antenna pointed at me! Thanks to all
who got on and to CSVHFS for sponsoring. bill, K1DY