Re: [VHFcontesting] Is FT8 Really the Problem with VHF Contests?

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Is FT8 Really the Problem with VHF Contests?
From: Josef 'Jeff' Sipek <jeffpc@josefsipek.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:45:37 -0400
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 13:25:04 -0500, Zack Widup wrote:
> When you REALLY get hooked on it, you want more and more bands.

I get the itch and I don't consider myself "REALLY hooked" :)

> I have found that building transverters isn't all that expensive. It is,
> however, time-consuming

Earlier this year, I started tinkering with circuits with the intention of
making *something* radio related.  Maybe the something should be a
transverter...hmm.

> and requires a certain minimum of test equipment, like an accurate
> frequency counter and power meter.

Which, unfortunately, makes this an unlikely path for new hams to take.

73,

Jeff (AC1JR)