[VHFcontesting] Toosday on Too Twenty Too Night Reminder

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Toosday on Too Twenty Too Night Reminder
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 09:52:39 -0400
Yes it is Tuesday and time for another rousing activity session on the most exciting VHF band that is only allocated in Region 2.   Yes, I am referring to 222 MHz.  Last week was a very active session and contacts were made across large swaths of the country.  I thought I had made 30 QSOs, but then N2SLO commented that I had forgotten to log him, so my contact total was 31! Not bad for our most under utilized band!  In my defense, I was recalling contacts from memory as I did not have the actual log in front of me.  To honor the accomplishment of 30+ contacts for a Tuesday night, I have been informed by the great and powerful 222 MHz Activity Commission that they have selected me for a semi paid for vacation trip to October Revolution Island just to the North East of Novaya Zemlya and just North of Siberia in the Bering Sea.  If I provide transportation costs to October Revolution Island, they will re imburse me for all expenses during my two week stay on the island. I like the sound of October Revolution Island. It sounds exciting.

But I digress.....

It is a Tuesday so everyone with 222 gear should try to get on or about 222.100 MHz  right after dinner and see if you can make a contact. Use the ON4KST Chat page (144/432 Region 2 Chat)   and line up skeds with stations around your area and beyond. Look for NG3W in FN01. He may show up. I believe that Good Buddy Ron WZ1V worked him in the 222 MHz Sprint. Also I am waiting to hear W2KV from FN20.  With warmer weather, we can hope to get some better propagation as humidity levels start to rise.  The East Coast appears quiet, but there are bad storms in the midwest.  I hope the bad wx there does not reduce activity. Meteors are starting to be numerous. K9MRI was worked last week via meteors, and AJ6T also copied me from Nashville as well.

I will be on 222.100 just before 23:00 UT looking for contacts and I hope to hear lots of activity.

73

Dave K1WHS