[VHFcontesting] Another Tuesday means more excitement on 222 MHz

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Another Tuesday means more excitement on 222 MHz
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2024 08:12:25 -0400
I am hoping that at some point, the Propagation Gods or Goddesses would agree to schedule a band opening on a Tuesday night. It seems that here in Maine, all he good stuff seems to occur on a Friday or a Saturday.  The big tropo last Fall and this latest aurora were all Friday-Saturday events.  I have been putting in the word that Tuesdays would be a good time for some extended tropo, or a good aurora to happen. I would even settle for a meteor shower or a possible time warp event.   That being said, it is Tuesday and that means you should get on 222 MHz this evening and see what you can work. The more that get on the merrier! During the last aurora, I was very pleased to work Don VE2DFO and Dave K2DH. Also N2NT was on. These nice folks don't show up on Tuesday nights as a rule. Maybe they have an excuse. Life tends to get in the way of ham radio at times, and I am  guilty of this as well.  Just a few days ago my meth lab blew up and I missed two days during the Worked all Nicaragua Sweepstakes.  Talk about a real bummer.

The plan is to get on after dinner. Activity centers around 23:00 UT up to about 02:00 UT. You can expect activity in many parts of the country to include the South, Southeast, mid Atlantic states, New England, the Midwest and VE2-VE3. I am still waiting on VE1. If anyone has a tip on who might want a complete 222 station in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, please let me know.  VE9AA and VE1SKY are not in the mix at this time.  The plan is to provide a transverter and 500 watt amplifier with power supply, along with a 16 element yagi.  All that is required is someone in that area who will put it on the air for some Tuesday night activity.

Don't forget to use the ON4KST  144/432 Region 2 Chat page when you are on 222, and let people know that you are there and listening.  CW, SSB, FT8, Q65, MSK144, and any other mode is just fine.  Activity centers around 222.100 MHz plus or minus.   CU there.

Dave K1WHS