Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Night Summary K1WHS

Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Night Summary K1WHS
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 09:06:02 -0400
It was a wild night Ellis,

I had to quit just about 8 PM. The storm was getting closer and I was seeing 25 dB of static noise on the antenna. That is not good. The last time I saw that, my preamp got hosed. So I shut down and left the shack, driving down the hill.  I had no food in the house and had not eaten anything, so had the stupid idea to see if I could get a take out meal down in Sunny downtown Milton, NH. Big mistake. IT started raining while I made the short drive. Then it started with a deluge and I could not see anything due to al the rain. I turned around and slowly headed home, but many tree limbs were in the road. At one point there was a rather large tree and all sorts of foliage in the road.  I started looking up hoping that I would not get hit by  a similar tree on the way down.  I had to drive over a downed tree to get home. No way I was going outside as it was a downpour and very windy.

Not sure how many made it into the log.  From memory I recall K1DY, WA1T, WA1MBA, GB Ron WZ1V, K1PXE, WW1Z, W9KXI,  W1AUV, WA3NUF, K1ZK, WB2VVV, K1FSY, WA3DRC, KA1OJ, K2RMX, and WA1NLG. When I got home, I was surprised to see the lights were on.  The roads were covered with leaves and branches. I hope next time is better. Between the rain static and lightning crashes I could not hear much.

73

Dave K1WHS