[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 12:51:10 -0400
Hi friends and neighbors,

Don't forget to turn on that 222 MHz stuff tonight and give it a workout.  Las week was super special for me as one of my evening contacts was to Wyoming and W0VB via the EME route, followed by PJ4MM in Bonaire, the next morning. I am not sure, but a Bonaire contact probably counts for 1.5 contacts with Good Buddy Ron, WZ1V.   Ron is exciting, but Bonaire?  Come On!!

The fun starts at about 7 PM or 2300 on The East coast and goes quite late as you travel westward in the USA.   Check out the ON4KST chat page (144/432 Region 2) if you live away from any activity and try to line up a sked.  Long haul Q65B tries, or MSK144 can perform wonders on a seemingly dead band.  The EME path looks grim tonight. Moon is up here just after 0400 UT and the degradation is high.  Not good there.    On another note, I have not heard any declarations from the 222 MHz Activity Committee. That is good but I have to be on my best behavior so as not to hear from them.  I am glad I missed that cookout and camping event at the Sunoco Refinery in Northern New Jersey two weeks ago.  I had an intestine transplant scheduled then , and did not want to miss it.

CU tonight on 222.100 +/-  swing those beams!!

Dave K1WHS