[VHFcontesting] BLF278 or MRF151G

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] BLF278 or MRF151G
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2024 18:01:42 +0000
Hi gang,  I have a couple amps here that use BLF278's but now have blown
transistors. These old DMOS transistors don't like infinite:1 VSWR
apparently... hah hah. In the circuits I have I am quite sure an MRF151G will
work too, so I am looking for some parts. I was thinking maybe a damaged pallet
or a driver board. Anything where I can salvage a transistor or 2. I will pay
what's fair, I just don't want to pay the new price from Digi-Key or other
source for a device that is pretty much obsolete. If i was going to pay that,
I'd spring for an LDMOS device like a BLF188 and rework the circuit. Anyway,
does anyone have something? Thanks

Bill, K1DY