[VHFcontesting] 222 Nite Summary K1WHS

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Nite Summary K1WHS
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 09:01:00 -0400
Things were a bit slow on Tuesday night.  Good Buddy Ron, WZ1V summed it up quite well. He was overloaded with ham radio these last few days. The Sept VHF Contest, followed by the 222 MHz Sprint and then finishing up with he 10 GHz Contest that ran all weekend. He had wall to wall excitement and activity back to back for quite awhile.  Ron actually quit very early . I am sure he retired to his living room to enjoy a nice Polish beer rather than chase DX  on another Tuesday night.   I tried a few skeds but had no success with any of them. K9MRI and I tried some meteor scatter for 15 minutes. I heard him often, but he only heard me once.  The same thing happened with K3SK. Meteors did not cooperate there either. A third try with AA9MY was also a bust.  I did get a report from AJ6T near Nashville, that he heard me on meteors just fine. That is the excitement (or lack thereof) of meteor scatter. It sure is a sporadic medium.

I worked 23 stations including K1ZK who got home at 9 PM after orchestra practice. Zach plays the French Horn in addition to playing with 222 MHz radios. I missed trying with WA3EOQ  as he left early and I did not hear the packrats this time.  I did a fair amount of rag chewing, which is always fun.  CU all next week.

Dave K1WHS