receive screen in Rttyrite

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: receive screen in Rttyrite
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 21:47:36 -0500
I dont like how the send  recieve window moves around (the red line)
It is difficult to put your eyes on the screen in the same place and see
the latest text that is rcvd!!

Thanks and 73
Jim W7RY
---------------------
Jim your the first one that has complained about that one. What this
receive screen does for you, it lets you use 3 times smaller incoming screen
than any other RTTY screen. Because the calls, exchanges, etc don't move up
the screen every time the cursor has a line feed of incoming data.. The data
stay right where is it until it's printed over.. Where the red line is, is
the newest data being printed. Look at the purple colored chart to the left
of the screen. The lighter the color the newer the print is. The darker the
color the older the print is..  My incoming screen for example is only 3"
(inches) tall. I have never missed a call yet.. It's a log better than
chasing the call up the screen..  I have had several comments from new
users saying how they like it.

Try is out, and I ll bet you fall in love with it.. If not and if we have
several others that don't like it this way, we can put an option in where
you can selects which one you want..

When you have a small 14" screen you need all the room you can get to take
advantage of all the window Rttyrite gives you.  We are also going to make
it possible to arrow back in your recieve window for a long ways to pick up
anything you may have missed.. I don't think it necessary to have this
feature, however several have asked for it, so that's what we will do.. Give
it a try for longer than what you have used it.. Let me know what you thank
then..

   73's, de Ron K5DJ

        _  __________________________________________________   _
       / ) |          Ron Stailey, K5DJ (ex:ab5kd)           | ( \
      / /  |          504 Dove Haven Drive                   |  \ \
   __( (_  |          Round Rock, Texas 78664-5926           |  _) )__
  (((\  \> |/-)       (512) 255-5000-(Shack Phone)        (-\| </  /)))
  (\\\\  \_/ /        E-Mail- k5dj@easy.com                \ \_/  ////)
   \        /      Rttyrite Contest S/W for Windows:        \        /
    \     _/             Win'95 - 3.11 - 3.1                 \_     /
     )   / |             Distributed by: K5DJ                |  \   (
    /   /  |   http://people.delphi.com/w5xd/writelog.html   |   \   \