Questions and Answers

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Questions and Answers
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 14:15:53 -0500
  Hi All, believe it or not, I have been staying pretty busy answering
  question send to me direct.  For some reason many of you don't want to
  list you question on the reflector.  Sooo, to save me some time I will
  list what seem to be the most frequently asked questions..

  Most questions asked this week were how do we set up the CW/RTTY Memory
  Setup Keys, for sending exchanges etc..  This screen was left blank so
  you could set it up the way you wanted. However, it seem you didn't want
  it this way or many wanted a sample listed you can modify.

  Many of you have asked how do you get a carriage return etc. Some others
  asked what is your setup for <R>, <11> etc.  As most of you have noticed
  the "< >" doesn't work with Rttyrite/WriteLog..

  Here is what you do..  When you have the program on screen click Select
Contest you will see a list of contests for RTTY/CW/SSB/VHF/UHF... Arrow
  down until you see (Example) North American QSO Party (RTTY), Click on
  that contest. Now comes setting up the memory keys. Click on Edit in the
  Logging window. Then click CW/RTTY messages. You will see a blank CW/RTTY
Memory Setup window. To setup your message for F-2 thru F11 type:

   These are only Example of Exchanges:
   F2:  %RCQ CQ NAQP TEST DE K5DJ K5DJ%R%E
   F3:  %R%D RON/RON/TX/TX DE K5DJ BK%R%E
   F4:  %R%D QSL DE K5DJ QRZ%R%E
   F5:  %R%D DE K5DJ K5DJ K5DJ%R%E
   F6:  %R%D AGAIN DE K5DJ BK%R%E
   F7:  %R%D AGAIN UR CALL DE K5DJ BK%R%E
   F8:  %R%D AGAIN UR NAME DE K5DJ BK%R%E
   F9:  %R%D AGAIN UR STATE DE K5DJ BK%R%E
   F10: %R%D U LID %R%E (Just for that very special Op we have to deal with) hi
   F11: %R%D %H RON/TX DE K5DJ%R%E

   Shift F-Keys can be done the same way..

   The (%R, %D, %H, %E ) are the most common used.
   %R= Carriage return..
   %D= Station your working or call in call window..
   %H= Commonly known as (Hi File or Friend.ini)..
   %E= Return to Receive Mode..
   Some others would be:
   %T= Time 1315, or %TZ Time with a "Z" behind it 1315Z..
   %I= a msg can be sent asking for a band change %I will insert a blank
       you can fill on any QSO.. Example: We need you on %I mtrs. You could
       type in 40...
   You can also find a bunch more if you click on Help, in the CW/RTTY Memory
   Setup Window.. Every thing will he explained much better..

  We now have a sample list for each contest. You can download and put in
  your C:\ Ham\Contest directory. All of these are examples you can edit
  to send what you want. They all have K5DJ as the example etc..
  They should be on our Web Page no later than this coming weekend..

            http://people.delphi.com/w5xd/writelog.html
  Files are:
  ANARTS.CNT
  ARRLRU.CNT
  BARTG.CNT
  CQWW.CNT
  JARTS.CNT
  NAQP.CNT
  SARTG.CNT
  SARTGHNY.CNT (The SARTG New Years Day contest.)
  TARA.CNT
  WAE.CNT
  WPX.CNT
  More (.CNT) files well be listed as we support more contests..

  Also a new updated (Hi File) and a new updated (Super Check) file will
  be listed on our Web Page soon...

  Some other helpful advice.. I don't know if you have ever entered the
  NAQP CW or SSB contests. If you have you already know about the "Ed"
  club..  The "Ed" club was started by a bunch of guys with long names
  like George, Gordon, Richard etc, these guys wanted to have a short
  name during a CW contest.  It seems many decided to change there
  name to "Ed" for the NAQP contest..  If you are saving names for your
  (Hi file) NAQP isn't the best contest to save names from..  I have seen
  several names as Ed in several Friend.ini lists on WF1B reflector..
  Example of this is: WB5VZL=ED, his name is George or Geo... There are
  many other calls the same way..

    73's, de Ron K5DJ

        _  __________________________________________________   _
       / ) |          Ron Stailey, K5DJ (ex:ab5kd)           | ( \
      / /  |          504 Dove Haven Drive                   |  \ \
   __( (_  |          Round Rock, Texas 78664-5926           |  _) )__
  (((\  \> |/-)       (512) 255-5000-(Shack Phone)        (-\| </  /)))
  (\\\\  \_/ /        E-Mail- k5dj@easy.com                \ \_/  ////)
   \        /      Rttyrite Contest S/W for Windows:        \        /
    \     _/             Win'95 - 3.11 - 3.1                 \_     /
     )   / |             Distributed by: K5DJ                |  \   (
    /   /  |   http://people.delphi.com/w5xd/writelog.html   |   \   \