WriteLog problem w/ Insert key

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: WriteLog problem w/ Insert key
From: pat@autosim.com (Patrick Cain)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:15:35 -0500 (CDT)
I just installed version 8.04 of WriteLog and I'm planning on using it for
the first time in CW Sweepstakes (replacing CT).  I was trying out a few
things and ran into a problem using the Insert key.

According to the manual (and to match CT) the Insert key should send the F10
message.  When I hit Insert, the call sign field is cleared first and then
the F10 message is sent with information from the previous QSO.  Everything
works correctly if I select "Send Call and Exch" from the Edit menu of the
entry window or just hit F10 directly.  If I have entered information in the
other fields for the QSO they aren't affected by hitting Insert, just the
call field is cleared.

I haven't made any manual changes to writelog.ini.  I also simplified the
F10 message to eliminate %C and %B codes but it still happens.  I tried
using a different contest format and got the same thing.

Any ideas?

73.
Pat,   K0PC
  Patrick Cain         pat@autosim.com        AutoSimulations, Inc.
  (612) 934-6946       fax (612) 934-3485     (801) 298-1398 x 215