WriteLog/Rttyrite QTC info..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: WriteLog/Rttyrite QTC info..
From: Ron-Stailey@easy.com (Ron Stailey, K5DJ)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 18:00:09 +0000
I have been ask how to do several things about the QTC exchanges, thought
I better say something before I have several asking the same questions.
                -------------------------------------
(If you read nothing else read THIS): Shift F-8, F-9, F-10 & F-11 needs
to have something like what's below.  When you click QRV QSL in the QTC
window something will be there to print.

  Examples: Put something like this in these "Shift" F-Keys:
  (These are the proper Shift F-Keys Keys for these msg's go in.)
  Shift F-8  %R%D QSL ALL QTC'S TNX DE K5DJ%R%E
  Shift F-9  %R%D I'M QRV SEND QTC'S DE K5DJ%R%E
  Shift F-10 %R%D QSL ALL QTC'S ? DE K5DJ%R%E
  Shift F-11 %R%D ARE U QRV? DE K5DJ%R%E

  When you click in either Sending or Receiving QTC's. QRV, QSL or QRV?,
  QSL? it will print like it supposed to, (if the above msg's are listed.)
  Log some QTC exchanges and try it out.  If you try and send QTC's to a
  station in your own continent the program won't let you do it..

I had a problem last year using a different S/W in WAE test, people asking
me what the time was in qtc no# 6 I sent them several hours ago (sometimes
up to 12hrs earlier) using the S/W I used last year, I couldn't see what
I have sent unless I printed a hard copy when I sent or received QTC's,
or print them on a break.

Well you can see them with WriteLog/Rttyrite.. Lets say you sent K5DJ 10
qtc's several hours ago, on a break I discovered I didn't get the time on
no# 6 of group 11/10 you sent me.. I make a note of it and the next time I
work you I ask you what was the time on Group 11/10 no#6 I didn't get the
time??  All you have to do to find out is, click or type K5DJ in the call
window then Press CTRL-G.. It will go to the first time we worked in your
log, if that wasn't the qso you sent me qtc's press CTRL-G again, until
you see in the logging window where you sent me qtc's. Then arrow over to
no#6 and see the time and send it.  (After all, if I didn't get the right
exchange you don't get credit for it either. This type of thing log checkers
look for because there easy to spot, they will check the other log to see if
your trying to count it, EVERY TIME)...

Play around with it a little, you'll love it..

All logged calls will be stacked automatically for QTC exchanges.  Once
you have selected WAE RTTY Contest, and have saved it, the call window will
tell you how many QTC's you have to send.  The number only goes to Ten
because that's all you can send to anyone station.  If you have WAE running
you will see: (the below example is the call window)

  SEQ  CALL   RVC   NR   Tx-Qtc   Country   C
   1
Tx-Qtc= the number of qtc you can send to the call in the window, The nu#
will be seen in this window when a call is listed under CALL...

To Send QTC's:
Press Alt-S, a window will come up, it will list how many qtc's you can
send up to 10.  Next click QRV? to see if the receiving station is ready
to receive qtc's (Don't worry it's blank right now.)

To Receive QTC's:
Press Alt-R, A blank Screen will appear and you can click on the first
number of the time, call, QSO# to bring it to the QTC window, it will
go to N0-1 and so on in the receive QTC window.  If you have a light
purple color back ground just click anywhere in the color and all three
parts of the QTC sent will go the next open number on your receive QTC
window.  If you should need a fill, Say No#6 simply high light No#6 and
press No#6 (Not F-6)on the keyboard. It will ask for a fill for Number 6
qtc sent.

That's how you do it.

One last thing, in the WAE rules, you can't send any station that you have
already worked his own callsign and exchange in a QTC group. The program
will take care of this for you.. It won't happen. :-)

  Any other questions pse let me know asap. On Friday Nov 8th @ 1700Z I
  won't get any e-mail until after the WAEDC RTTY test..

  GL to everyone, see ya in the pile,

        73, de Ron K5DJ