KAM problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: KAM problems
From: realbill@phoenix.net (Bill Holbert Sr., W5BBR)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:08:42 -0500
I had similar problem with missing characters but found my problem was slow
uarts on the serial card that I was using to feed the KAM+.  Changed to a
16550 UART based serial card and because it has added buffering I no longer
lost the characters.  The older serial UARTS did not have buffering except
for one character or so and would cause some programs to loose a character
now and then.  Just a thought.  Have not had any problem with the KAM+
hanging up with XPWIN or any other programs for that matter.

Bill, W5BBR