Upgrade 9.14 now ready

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Upgrade 9.14 now ready
From: herbr@netcom.com (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:08:40 -0800 (PST)
Ron,

Another thing that I would like to see is the ability to lock down the
windows and not allow the user to drag and drop windows around, after a
particular configuration is set up.  Here is what happened to me in the
CQ WW SSB M/S:

We spent alot of time before the contest setting up the postiioning of
all of the windows to get everything laid out exactly the way we wanted.
we sabe the configuration to the writelog.ini file.  However, during the
contest, some users weren't that familiar with the program, and began to
accidently drag windows around and screw up the screen.  It is very easy
to do, and for contester that use CT, and aren't careful with WL, it can
happen.  When that happended, we had to exit the program, and restart it
with the saved 'default' configuration.

I would like to see a setting in the writelog.ini that would not allow
you to drag a window around if that configuration flag is
set.  Something like CHANGEWINDOWS = NO   If this flag was
set to YES, then you could drag a window, resize a window, or
add a new window to the screen.

I would appreciate your consideration of this enhancment.

Thanks.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com