SOLUTION Re: [WL-USERS] TIME?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: SOLUTION Re: [WL-USERS] TIME?
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:37:01 -0500
It was the darn daylight savings time thing that got me!  Only portions
of  Indiana utilize daylight savings time.  I had Windows set to EST.  I
did not have the "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time"
box checked.  Writelog must assume that people with EST chosen in
Windows move their clocks ahead to EDT in the Spring.  There is a
Windows setting of Indiana EAST however - If I choose that one, Writelog
is accurate!  In the Windows boxes, they both say -5 GMT, but writelog
must make the daylight assumption for the "other" EST.  Dang thing's TOO
smart!  Kinda weird that the "EAST" one is the one that works! Seems
like that's the one that would be -4 instead of -5, but it appears to be
the other way around in this case.

(I still don't understand the response I got about choosing
File-Preferences... I don't have that choice, and some others have
responded they don't either.  Maybe someone thought I was talking about
a different piece of software?)  Thanks to all!

"So many ports, so little time!"
WA9ALS - John
jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tower Project Guestbook