[WriteLog] Dayton 2K update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Dayton 2K update
From: dsinner@tfb.com (Dale Sinner)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:04:22 -0800
To All,
For those of you going to Dayton this year, here are some details you may
want to consider.
1. Transportation - the bus service to and from the arena has been changed.
According to sources at this point, the bus will not be stopping at the
Dayton Mall as in years past due to some construction taking place there.
However, we have secured alternate service to and from the arena from our
hotel for us hams only. This service will be similar to what we had at the
previous hotel. This means it may be limited to particular times of the day
and we may have to pay a minimum fee. All the particulars have not yet been
worked out but, you can be sure we will have transportation to and from the
arena. Best part of this is that it will be directly from the hotel.
2. Renting a car - AVIS has an office at the hotel for those wishing to
rent a car. I suggest you make contact them soon to assure that a car will
be available for your group. Contact Sherry Zanow at (937) 434-4404 or you
may FAX her at (937) 435-0433. Be sure to mention you are with the RTTY
group and she will give you a deal. (That's what I've been told)
3. Rooms - Some questions have arisen concerning the bed sizes. This hotel
was remodeled a few years ago and at that time all double bed rooms were
converted to two queen size beds. I have secured a large number of these
two bed rooms plus I also have king size bed rooms. Our form asked that you
specify which type of room you would prefer.
4. For those who will driving in from other states and to and from the
arena, we will have a small map to help you out. The city has finished the
by-pass route which will make it easier to get to and from the arena from
the hotel. I will try be get this posted on the rttyjournal web page as
soon as it is available.
That's about it for now. Please direct all questions to me. Sorry for the
bandwidth.
73
Dale Sinner, W6IWO