[WriteLog] Writelog with HAL ST8000 - Is that the Ultimate?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog with HAL ST8000 - Is that the Ultimate?
From: raj@logicresources.com (Raj VE6RAJ)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:35:45 -0700
I don't know about the ST8000. This weekend my second radio never showed
up, so I wired the sound board in parallel with the KAM+  and operated
the whole weekend watching both receive windows. There were many times
where the sound card decoded better than the KAM. My impression is that
in cases of static, atmospherics, QRM etc the sound card was better. In
the case where there was flutter, and the weird hollow, 'echo-ey'
neither did that well. That's my impression. I was very impressed with
the new version of winrtty. I never could quite feel comfortable with
the older version. Herb, I think you should buy the ST8000 and take this
research to the next level.
73
Raj VE6RAJ