FW: [WriteLog] RTTY changing call? Solution

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [WriteLog] RTTY changing call? Solution
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:53:10 -0600
Mark, I hope you don't mind me forwarding your message
to the reflector.  I just wish to share all this info
with others.  (Please see below.)

Also, the case I gave could be easily "fixed" by clicking
the correct call.
1)  That was a simple case.  A more typical case is one where
    you need to piece together several poor print calls to make
    a complete/good call.
2)  Looking for a bandaid was not the intent of my message.
    If this is a feature, please tell me how to turn it off.
    If this is operator error, please tell me how to send the call
    I typed into the callsign field and send him an exhange.
    If this is possibly a bug, can we please get it fixed.

Ah ha...  "Special Message Accelerator Keys"
Insert:  (snip) The callsign is what's in the CALL field, unless you have a
RTTY window up. With RTTY, the "callsign" to send comes from the RTTY window
where a call detected as a multiplier (highlighted yellow) has priority over
others.

So, to manually type in a call, you must only press your
SendCallExhangeKey, and NOT Insert.   Operator error, I guess.

Thanks again,
Chad  WE9V