[WriteLog] Simulating text into the Rttyrite Window

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Simulating text into the Rttyrite Window
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:57:16 -0600
This has come up a few times when I've tried to help people with
different problems.

There is a way to simulate incoming text to the Rttyrite window.  It's
really quite easy.

You can simulate incoming text to the Rttyrite window by highlighting
the Rttyrite window by clicking your mouse on the top title bar.  This is
the bar on very top of the Rttyrite window that says "Rttyrite".   If you
happen to be running RTTY it will say "60 WPM Baudot - Rttyrite".  You
cannot just click inside the window, it must be on the top title bar.  This
will work if you want so simulate RTTY or CW into the Rttyrite window.

Now everything you type will go into the Rttyrite window.  It is important
that you have no receive input that will cause "noise" characters to
print in the Rttyrite window.  Perhaps just shutting off your radio will
do it.  If you have a PK232, you can turn the "Threshold" adjustment
down to where the DCD lamp goes out.

Now you can practice as if someone is sending to you and you are
receiving it in the Rttyrite window.

I don't know if this is documented in the help files or manual.  I've not
seen it but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Hope this helps.  Send me an E-mail if you have any questions about
it.

73, Don AA5AU