[WriteLog] 1000MP won't key CW from Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 1000MP won't key CW from Writelog
From: RDTALBERT@aol.com (RDTALBERT@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:06:12 EST
      I know that I am doing something so stupid that I am going to feel just
simple for asking.  But, if someone can point out the error of my ways it
will surely be worth the humiliation.

      I cannot make my MP transmit on CW from Writelog.  It will apparently
close the PTT line but there is no RF indicated.  The transmit indicator
comes on but there is no output generated.  If I switch to AM, FM, or RTTY
and type in the CW keyboard window or press a programmed macro key the
transmitter PTT line is activated with full carrier indicated (but
continuously and not at a CW rate).

      I have removed the serial cable at the MP and checked the DTR line
while typing in the CW keyboard window and it is keying high and low at an
apparent CW rate. The RTS line does appear to remain high during this test.

      The other interface functions to the MP seem to be working OK as
frequency and mode are correctly indicated in Writelog and the CAT indicator
on the MP is flashing as if Writelog and the MP are communicating properly.

      I have tried a master CPU reset without results.

      The following are the settings in the port setup menu:

COM1:           CW and rig checked and FT-1KMP selected
Baud rate:      AUTO (have also tried 4800 which I think is proper for the MP)
Poll:           Checked
Comm PTT:       Yes (have also tried sync)
CW keyer type:  PC generates
DVK:            none
CW PTT setup:   Command rig on COM port selected
PTT to CW delay: 0

      I have also tried COM2 from my other physical serial port with the same
results.

      RTTY using the LSB is really FSK setting during the RTTY WPX worked
fine. (Had a lot of fun too using Writelog for my first ever RTTY contacts
during the contest  - really impressive features and easy to use).

      Any ideas?  I will try any and all.

Thanks and 73,

Roy   K9ER
Mission, TX