[WriteLog] ARRL DX CW Experience and Issues

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARRL DX CW Experience and Issues
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:48:32 -0000

On 21 Feb 00, Carter Grabarczyk wrote:

> > My SCP was plenty fast on both a PII-450 and P-133. ARe you
> > using the master.dta that includes DX calls only? There are several
> > master.dta's out there, and the one including W/VE is much
> > bigger, needlessly.
> >
> > Barry,
> Where might I find these files? I only know of the one on the WL web
> site and as I recall, it is around80-85k.
>
> 73/Carter/K8VT

Got to www.k1ea.com. Here are the choices:

masall.zip
MASTER.DTA with 28,722 callsigns both US and DX. For use by
DX stations in CQWW, WAE, and everyone in IARU and WPX -
updated 17 October 1999
                       masterdx.zip
                            MASTER.DTA with 20,352 callsigns only DX,
VE and US possessions (KH2, KP2, etc. - no
                            USA). For use by stateside stations in CQWW
and ARRL DX - updated 17 October 1999
                       masterss.zip
                            MASTER.DTA with 9,178 callsigns only US,
VE and US possessions (KH2, KP2, etc.). For use
                            in ARRL Sweepstakes - updated 17 October
1999
                       masusve.zip
                            MASTER.DTA with 8,975 callsigns only US and
VE (no possessions). For use by DX stations in
                            ARRL DX - updated 17 October 1999
                       masvhf.zip
                            MASTER.DTA with VHF callsigns by K1TR -
June 8, 1998

SOrry abt the formatting, but that's how it pasted from the web
page. Note that the ALL file is about 40% larger than the DX file.
That's a lot of unnecessary searching going on.
73 Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com