[WriteLog] Soundboardconfusion-need help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundboardconfusion-need help
From: PTSMANTUA@aol.com (PTSMANTUA@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:12:38 EST
Hello,

I am still having difficulty getting my dound board sync'd with WL. I have
double checked a bunch of stuff, and this just seems unusual, so here goes.
Any and all help is welcome.

Rig: KW TS-440S
Computer PII-133
SB: AWE64 Value
WL: Ver 10 (not 10.14 yet)

I downloaded SbControl.zip, and it is nice, Thanks Wayne. It extracted ok,
and resides on the desktop. I set the recieve selection on SbControl to
LineIn. To "see" if WL is reading it correctly, I opened the RTTY Window, and
selected CW Reciever, inside the RTTY Window. This I thought shouldbe a good
test to see if the radio was making it into WL.
Previously I have edited as suggested the WL.INI file to include a line that
overides the Default LineIn Location, as my Line inSlider is in the 6th
position L-R, so my line looks like LineInOveride=5.  The Sytaxmay not be
exact, as I do not have it open to view it right now.
To Test I have taped the Computer MicroPhone, an Andrea Unit to the
Computer's Right Speaker on the shelf.
With LineIn Selected in SbControl,and I think In WL, I get zero input on the
CW recieve screen, not even noise. If I slide the Mic Level using SbCheck
near Max, CW RTTY begins to "See" and decode a hand sent 37ish WPM signal on
7.044Mhz.
The apparent path is KW - SBLI - SB SP Out - Speaker - Mic - MicIn - WL.

I am stuck.

Also, in troubleshooting this problem, I have 2 suggestions for the next
version of WL and SbControl.

WL - In CW Recieve Window, The center Frequency control buttons only work if
you click each time, yet the WPM Decode range buttons respond to a depressed
and help mouse click. Would be nice to depress and hold the mouse, and get an
automated scroll for both.

SbControl - Has no Minimize Button, so to reset a control after you have used
WL, and then SbControl, you must x-out SbControl to get rid of it. It would
be real nice to minimize it to the tool bar, so you can get it back quickly
vs. minimizing WL to aceess the desktop.

Anyhow, awaiting replies anxiously.

73's

Phil

KF8JW