[WriteLog] Problem with Voice PTT??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with Voice PTT??
From: kg0us@swbell.net (Dave Rich)
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:16:47 -0600
Hello Everyone,

I am planning on using writelog for the upcoming SSB contest and I am
having trouble getting Writelog to key my radio.  I built this nice
cable to connect between the sound card/computer and my IC775.  This
cable has the optoisolators, audio isolation transformers, and the whole
nine yards.  This cable worked great when using AFSK, FSK, and SSTV.
Unfortunately,  I can not get it to do the PTT while I am sending voice
from the sound card.  Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Apparently, the VOX circuit does not work if I receive audio from the
rear acc connector.  It works great if I key the radio by hand while the
audio is coming out of the sound card.  Why can not I get Writelog to
switch the PTT in SSB exactly like it does when I am operating AFSK?

Thank You,
Dave KG0US