[WriteLog] Power Field Options

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Power Field Options
From: joens@thecia.net" <joens@thecia.net (Michael C. Joens)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:01:48 -0500
Good point, Don. However, there were times this weekend where I wasn't sure
whether a station gave me a "300" report or whether that was still there
from before. I ended up chacking the Check Call window for every QSO
because I couldn't trust the current QSO window. If I click on a packet
spot, I expect to see either no report or the report from the previous QSO,
but not an incorrect report.

Suggestion to Ron and Wayne: is it possible to make this an option so
everyone will get what they prefer? Options:

1. Pull up report from previous QSO with this station on another band (I
think that was what was supposed to happen). If no previous QSO, leave
blank.
2. Keep it the way it is now, per Don's request. Personally, I'd definitely
like to have the option to not have it like this. But Don has a good point,
too, so it's worth being able to select it like that.
3. Always have a blank report field. This would be my personal preference
(I understand I'm alone with this) because it prevents Writelog from
accepting the QSO until I enter a report. I have the Check Call window open
anyway, so it's easy enough to look there. I always listen for the report
and then compare it to the previous QSO's, so this would not slow me down
one bit. Also, last weekend there was one station who gave me a serial
number in the first QSO and a power of 100 later (and I logged what he
sent).

IMO, having to hit alt-W to accomplish option 3 is not desirable because it
makes it an awkward two-handed operation (alt-W, mouse, alt-W, mouse...).

I don't know whether this can be done, but Ron and Wayne have done some
other magic before.

Michael, K1JE