[WriteLog] SSB VOICE KEYING

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SSB VOICE KEYING
From: ve3pn@igs.net" <ve3pn@igs.net (PETER BARRON)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:54:18 -0000
Hi all
        If your having SSB voice keying problems. I found some oddities in my
setups that may help

        Use SHIFT Fx to make a test message check it plays with Fx
        Delete it and make the same message with sound recorder or whatever
check it plays with Fx
        If it does not
        Make sure the messages are recorded   in MONO. I now use PCM,11.025
kHz, 16 Bit, Mono till I find a better one
        Make messages AND characters are in the SAME ENCODING
        Set Writelog Recording forrmat to the same as 2
        To make the Microphone play through in Soundboard setup enable Echo
microphone

This was for SB16 , SB Vibra and or SB LIVE with latest drivers.
And for both NT and WIN95B

Interesting point the Windows recorder setup was different between NT4.0 SP5
and WIN95B thats what gave me the clue!
Also in your WIN95 setup you will need to install the encoders.

        Peter
        ve3pn@igs.net