[WriteLog] Tell me how WL and your sound board misbehave

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Tell me how WL and your sound board misbehave
From: w5xd@alum.mit.edu (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 01:27:40 -0000
I have several reports of WL working unreliably for transmitting audio--all
on SSB. The common symptom appears to be that WL makes the rig PTT go down
for the proper length of time for the message, but no audio goes out. If you
have had this happen to you, I want to know about it. And I also need the
answers to these questions:

1. How many WL entry windows do you run?
2. If you have only one, have you set the Radio menu for Left or Right
channel, or left both unchecked?
3. What mode did you see this happen on? (RTTY/PSK/SSB)
4. If you are running SSB and use the "Echo Mic" feature, did it quit along
with WAV transmission? or keep working? or don't know?

I have found some problems with the way WL handles transmitting WAV files
when it has problems with the WAV file format and those will be fixed in
10.16. But those problems are not likely to be intermitent because it fails
everytime it tries to transmit a non existent file or one with the wrong
recording format.

Please reply direct to me.

Thanks,
Wayne, W5XD