[WriteLog] PTT keying

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT keying
From: ric@kv1w.com (Ric Plummer)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:38:51 -0000
Hi Gerard,
First, I think something is amiss. When using the CW message buffers, the
PTT DOES stay keyed. I suspect that the LPT is not really keying the rig,
but it is already the "VOX".
If you can, take a look at the output of the LPT with a meter or scope to
see if it is actually doing anything, if not, you may need to look at setup
parameters to see what is missing. In particular check Setup/Ports and make
sure LPT is checked for CW and DVK and it is set for PC generates CW.
I just tried mine from 7 to 36 WPM and no drop outs with PTT from LPT.
Hope this helps
73, Ric KV1W