[WriteLog] Ritty on an old computer.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Ritty on an old computer.
From: w9ol@dataflo.net (Bill Heinzinger)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:52:57 -0500
I have this older 200 mHz machine sitting here. It's big but I can slide it
under the desk.
Just may put RITTY 3.whatever (I'm registered) on it and use it just for
dxing. It would have it's own monitor/keyboard of course.
That way I could still control the rig via my logging program but just hit
the old computer keyboard to send RITTY out.

Now my question to you gurus is this.
Can I tie the soundboard input/outputs of both computers together so that I
can run Writelog for rtty, cw, ssb contests and RITTY for casual rtty or
Dxing?
The rig is a MP. I presently have isolation transformers between the packet
connector and the main computer.

Of course I would also have to tie the com port ptt line from the old
computer in parallel with the ptt line from the main computer. Actually I
should be able to use the same homemade interface.

And problem in doing this?
---------
If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there,
is he still wrong?

Bill, http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol
      w9ol@dataflo.net