[WriteLog] Radio control of FT-890 problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Radio control of FT-890 problem
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:15:19 EDT
I need help with the following problem:

I am attempting to control an FT-890 from Write Log.  In Setup | Ports, I
have selected the FT-890 on Com1, 4800 baud.  The radio is definitely being
talked to by WL, thereby proving that there is Com1 communications.  However,
the radio cycles off and on (rx audio off, rx audio on) about every two
seconds.  If I turn off Poll in the Ports menu, the cycling stops, but then
there is no longer any radio control from the keyboard.  Changing any other
selections in Setup | Ports does not correct the problem.

If I change the radio selection in the Ports menu to FT 1000, I get a form of
radio control without the cycling off/on.  I can cause the radio to QSY from
the keyboard, but the radio's frequency does not change on the computer
screen.

Any suggestions?

Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG