[WriteLog] Update #3 - DXTelnet/WriteLog Networking

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Update #3 - DXTelnet/WriteLog Networking
From: aa5au@msn.com (Don Hill)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:33:03 -0500
Fabrizio, IK4VYX, the author of DXTelnet has confirmed that
the UDP program he has supplied to me is only uni-directional
in that it only sends spots to WriteLog (via DXT2WL) and does
not receive spots sent from WriteLog.

He explains that since the program (UDPSEND.EXE) sends
and receives spots to itself on each networked PC, that he should be
able to change it to send and receive spots to WriteLog in both
directions as well.

Until that happens, DXTelnet can only send spots to each networked
PC but cannot accept spots transmitted from each PC using
WriteLog.  It can transmit spots from the PC connected to the Internet.

If you are interested in getting started using DXTelnet and WriteLog
on networked PC's (I've already heard from some), let me know.
I will ask Fabrizio if I can release the files necessary or perhaps he
can update his version 4.7 to include the latest files.  Version 4.7 does
include a UDP subdirectory, but those files are not the same size as
the ones he supplied to me so I don't think they are the latest.

73, Don AA5AU